Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The First Chemo Treatment

On September 27th Mom Was scheduled to first Chemo treatment. She thought I had to stay in the city to work, however I surprised her and came home that Wendsday night instead. The next day walking into the office was a real eye opener there were obviously cancer patients all around and watching all of them recieving their treatment had to be the most sadest and scariest thing I had ever seen. With all the emotion running through me I had felt that I was in a twilight zone and nothing seemed real. My mom was Asked prior to be part of a study group to help people from getting sick after the treatment and she would be given 50 dollars each time plus it was actually a good thing because since she is part of a study group they would be paying closer attention to her so that would benefit her in the long run. seeing them inject each medication one by one had to be the hardest part of it all. Afterward she decided to get what they call a port which is a device that they put inside right below the skin and they can inject medicine through it and take blood so that her hand wouldn't get all bruised up. anyone who knows a cancer patient please recomend the outlet it's easier on them and makes it quicker because they don't have to keep looking for the vein everytime they go in.

No comments: