Monday, September 24, 2007

About Me

August 25th 2007 had to be the absolute worst day of my life. I live, work, and go to school in New York City which is five hours away from home where I grew up. On that day I recieved a phone call from my parents saying that they were comming up just for the day to take me out to dinner and "talk to me." at that point I knew something was wrong. School started in just another week what could be wrong? When they arrived my mom looked at me and said, "I have Breast Cancer." WOW! What a smack in the face!!! You always think, "That will never happen to me." And now here it is the worst thing I would NEVER want neither of my parents to go through after seeing my Grandfather go through it and die when I was just in second grade. I believe everything happens for a reason and my parents right before this were debating on moving to south Virginia and unfortunatly I guess this was God's way of saying not to go. Well Since the surgery was going to be on that following Thursday On Monday night is when I decided to drive home.
This blog I want to be like a journal, personal detail of what me and my family is going through to help other younger people going through the same thing as me get through it. I noticed not to many things for the children of the family so I decided to help and maybe find some sites or books to recomend as I find them. I hope this blog helps a lot of people out and even me just to write it all down because in the past month I have Learned so much that I never knew I would know.

No comments: