Monday, September 24, 2007

Before the Surgery

On Monday night I arrived home and was obviously still in shock of everything and everything that happened after that seemed like an awful dream and I just wanted to wake up. On Tuesday before the surgery mom had another last doctor's apointment to find out if the second lump on her right breast was cancer or not. As one could guess unfortunatley it was. The Doctor though, was AMAZING. I would hope anyone who would go through this would only get a doctor as good as him. He gave me a hug while she was in the room and said that I was holding up very well and he doesn't know why but, "It's harder on the Daughters than the mothers."
Now for some useful information for all women out there, My mom's tumor was what they call a "Hormone Induced" tumor. Now what Happened in my Mother's case was while she started to go through menopause she was taking other vitamins to help with it and unfortunately in the doctors terms, "it was adding fuel to the fire." I was in shock! Now because I'm 21 he explained it's OK for me to be on birth control and women's one a day vitamins because I'm still young and my body uses it, however once a woman reaches menopause your body doesn't need all that extra estrogen so that's extra build up. Even things like soy milk, green tea, and even some of the women's vitamins are bad because you don't need all of that extra estrogen or minerals. some of the natural herb vitamins you have to be careful about as well because when they are making it they are not measuring how much they put in and that's not always good for you depending on how long you take it.
This is an article I found On the website of breastcancer.org that is a great website for information on anything about breast cancer.
http://www.breastcancer.org/risk/environmental/new_research/20061225b.jsp

No comments: