Monday, September 24, 2007

Day Of the surgery

On the day of the surgery it was rough and a little scary not knowing what the doctor will say afterward as well if he found anything weird or whatever the case may be. I had to stay strong especially in front of my mom, any older children teen and up, take note not to cry around the patient remember one thing that I learned, "You are NOT the Patient." they are the one going through it not YOU. I would cry around my dad get myself together and be good for my mom. we also knew going into surgery she would have to do chemotherapy no matter what so, this was the first hump to get over and it would be worse before getting better. My mom had a friend of hers surprise her and show up at the hospital because she was a volunteer there and would be able to stay with my mom longer than me or my dad would. After they put my mom to sleep her friend came out and sat with me and my dad to keep us company while waiting which was awesome and took some of the tension away from me and my dad. after the surgery was over the doctor came out and said everything went well he didn't see anything that alarmed him and we just had to wait on the results from the lab about the lymph nodes that they had removed from underneath her arm.

No comments: